Dog kibble manufacture Edgard & Cooper has been added to the Top Ethical Companies section of The Good Shopping Guide.
The business has received a high-ranking Ethical Company Index of 86 from The Ethical Company Organisation.
Edgard & Cooper was inspired by two dogs of the same name. The company’s three human entrepreneurs developed a kibble for dogs using 100 percent fresh meat. Since launching, the team has been conscious of their mark on the planet and keep a low ecological footprint.
Louis Chalabi, one of the founders, said: ‘This accreditation means so much to us as it is a testament to our holistic approach to pet food.
“We took three years to develop the product range to make sure every aspect is transparent to our customers – take a look at the back of our packs to see our honest, fresh and no-nonsense ingredients!”
To gain the accreditation, Edgard & Cooper places the following values at the heart of its business
- Environmentally friendly: locally sourced fresh meat means fewer food miles and a lower carbon footprint
- 100 percent biodegradable, compostable packaging using water based inks reduces the company’s overall impact on the environment
- Organic farming ensures a higher standard of living for livestock, improves the soil and encourages an abundance of wildlife
- Doing it for the dogs! 10 percent of all profits are donated to animal charities, to help dogs less fortunate
- Nutritious and natural recipes filled with holistic ingredients to keep dogs healthy from nose to tail