Current AffairsIndustry News

Family warns others after bedding kills their dog

A family has warned others after their young dog died and it’s mother was trapped when stuffing came out of a dog bed.

Owner Trish Kenyon, found one-year-old Staffordshire terrier Bonnie trapped and strangled in long pieces of fabric whilst her mother, Pip, was trapped.

Pip was unable to release her pup who became too entangled in the stuffing.

Related Articles

Trish’s daughter Jodie Cooke posted a warning on facebook which has been shared over 13,500 with over 2,800 people commenting on it.

Jodie Cooke said: “I feel incredibly heartbroken writing this but feel I need to raise awareness to any dog owners out there. My mum and I bought matching dog beds (pictured below) as you can see they are not made with average stuffing.

“It has also been stuffed with long strips of fabric. My mum came back home after being out for only 25 minutes to find her 1 year old dog and her mother (dog)stuck in the strips. These strips of fabric have unfortunately strangled and killed the young dog whilst her mum (dog)was trapped and couldn’t release her pup.

“There were many different designs so please if you have a dog bed like this have a look inside and please share this post. It may save a dogs life. RIP Bonnie 😭💕


“For all those asking this bed was purchased from a local farm shop of which I will not hold accountable as they only sell them and don’t manufacture however I have seen them for sale in many places.

“I am doing all I can to get justice for our beautiful Bonnie and hopefully make a difference to other dogs and get these things banned.

“Thank you so much for your lovely comments and messages. Means a lot!

Back to top button