A cat in Glasgow\u00a0has experienced a narrow escape after consuming lilies. Vet charity PDSA stepped in to save one-year-old Oscar.\r\n\r\nOscar\u2019s owner Chloe Morrison received a bouquet of flowers from her partner. She said: \u201cI got up the next day and Oscar\u2019s face was bright yellow, I had no idea what it was until I went into the kitchen and found the flowers strewn around, all chewed.\r\n\r\n\u201cI\u2019d read somewhere that lilies could cause problems if eaten, so I rang PDSA to check. I was shocked when they told me how dangerous they were. The vets advised me to bring Oscar straight in.\u201d\r\n\r\nPDSA Vet Nurse, Lizzi Mackie, explained: \u201cSadly there is no cure for lily poisoning. Ingesting just a small amount can be fatal. Tests showed Oscar had kidney damage already. We were doing everything we could, but Oscar\u2019s life hung in the balance.\u201d\r\n\r\nFollowing treatment from vets and nurses Oscar\u2019s kidney function slowly improved and several days later he was allowed home.\r\n\r\nVet nurse Lizzi continued: \u201cOscar was very lucky, and I\u2019m sure his successful recovery was partly due to the speed his owner got him to PDSA. It could easily have been a very different story. Lilies are particularly dangerous to cats; even getting a small amount of pollen on their coats, which they then ingest when grooming, can prove fatal.\r\n\r\n\u201cMy advice to anyone who thinks their pet may have eaten something they shouldn\u2019t is to call your vet straight away \u2013 it may mean the difference between life and death.\u201d\r\n\r\nVeterinary charity\u00a0PDSA\u00a0treats 470,000 pets annually across its 51 Pet Hospitals.\u00a0To support PDSA\u2019s vital work text PAWS to 70111 to donate \u00a33* or visit\u00a0www.pdsa.org.uk.