Winners were announced at the GIMA Awards 2016 last night, which saw manufacturers, retailers, members of the press and industry figures celebrating the great and good of the garden industry.
GIMA director, Vicky Nuttall, commented on the event. “I would like to be the first to extend my congratulations to all of the winners. This year saw a record number of entries to the awards, making the judges work even harder as the calibre of product on offer was outstanding.
“However, with some real stand-out entries, and some tough deliberation, the judges were unanimous in their final decisions – all of which are highly deserving of their awards. My sincerest congratulations to all our winners. They have all demonstrated exceptional qualities, from cutting edge design to inspirational retail support.
“My thanks also have to go to the panel of dedicated judges who gave up their valuable time to take part in this year’s judging process. Their combined expertise and market knowledge has been invaluable throughout the judging process, and has helped to create one of the strongest list of winners.
“Finally, I extend my thanks to all those that have entered the awards in 2016, as well as our sponsors, without whom we would not be able to put on an event of this scale.”
- GIMA Sword of Excellence: Smart Garden Products – Eureka! Solar Lightbulb
- PetQuip Export Achievement Award: Symply Pet Products – Canagan Range of Cat & Dog Food
- Gardenex Export Achievement Award: Hozelock – Hozelock Easy Drip Range
- GCA Supplier of the Year: Taylors Bulbs
- Garden Lighting, Water Features & Ornamentation: Smart Garden Products – Eureka! Solar Lightbulb
- Pet Care, Aquatics and Wild Bird Care Products, JOINT Winners: Gardman – Poppy Feeder Dish and Burgon & Ball – Creaturewares
- Garden Clothing & Gifts: Briers – Advanced Gloves
- Garden Landscaping: Kelkay – Granite Cobble Mat Sets Quarter Circle
- Plants, Seeds and Bulbs: Hawkesmill Nurseries – ‘Herbs for….’ collection
- Outdoor Leisure: Zest 4 Leisure – Bahama Round Table and Two Stool Set
- Garden Tools, Machinery and Implements: Crest Garden: Kent & Stowe – Kent & Stowe Lawn Edge Trimmer
- Growing, Planting Equipment and Sundries: Hozelock – Cloud Controller
- Garden Care: Neudorff UK – CleanLawn 20 kg
- Best Consumer Product Packaging: Hozelock – Hozelock Easy Drip Range
- Best Marketing Communication Award: Ronseal – Ronseal Fencecare Campaign / Channel 4 Takeover
- Best Point of Sale Material: Crest Garden: Flopro – Flopro Gun Display Stand