Pet product specialist Sure Petcare has launched its SureFeed Microchip Pet Feeder Connect technology, the next generation of its existing SureFeed Microchip Pet Feeder.
The Microchip Pet Feeder Connect records the time and weight of food consumed by a pet each time they eat from the feeder, reporting it directly to the Sure Petcare app. Over time, this enables pet owners to build a comprehensive understanding of their pet’s unique feeding patterns, making it easier for them to spot changes in their pet’s health and wellbeing quickly.
It monitors how much and when a pet eats, sending real-time updates directly to the pet owner’s phone. The new product also features integrated scales, which enables owners to provide accurate food portions to their pet at every meal.
The Microchip Pet Feeder Connect also enables owners to personalise their pet’s feeding regime to suit their needs. Using the app, pet owners can specify the weight of a food serving for their pet. Once completed, every time they add food to the bowl, the integrated scales will weigh the food and, LEDs on the front of the feeder will indicate when the correct portion weight has been reached.
Once connected to the Sure Petcare app via the Hub (sold separately) owners can:
- Monitor food consumption: see how much, how often and for how long their pet eats, to get a comprehensive view of their pet’s eating patterns.
- Receive detailed insights: notice changes in feeding behaviour which may be early indicators of illness or behavioural issues.
- Set and manage accurate food portions: set the portion size and type of food to be served, for up to two types of food (eg. wet and dry). Once portion sizes have been set up in the app, the product’s integrated scales weigh food as it is added to the bowl.
- Gain peace of mind: check their pet was last fed and how much food is left in their bowl. This provides great peace of mind when owners are away from home.
- Connect with family and friends: share access to the app with friends and family – ideal for pet sitters and day-to-day care.
- Use with existing Sure Petcare “Connect” products: each hub can connect up to 10 devices within the same household, enabling pet owners to manage all of their Sure Petcare “Connect” products from the same app account. The hub is also compatible with the SureFlap Microchip Pet Door Connect and SureFlap Microchip Cat Flap Connect.
Dr Nick Hill, founder and CEO of Sure Petcare said: “The SureFeed Microchip Pet Feeder Connect not only provides owners with peace of mind and control over portions, but also enables owners to link all their Sure Petcare Connect products,within one app. This provides owners with a detailed picture of their pet’s overall health and wellbeing, with all data feeding into one screen. Owners can check their pet’s access in and out of the home as well as changes in feeding behaviour, and we plan to add more products to the Sure Petcare Connected Pet Ecosystem in the future.”
Pet tech continues to be a growing industry, with the global market expected to increase to $202.6bn (£1.84bn) by 2025, according to Grand View Research. In 2018, UK pet owners spent $10bn on general products and services for their animals.
The SureFeed Microchip Pet Feeder Connect is available to purchase online today across the UK (29 April 2019) at surepetcare.com, and in the coming weeks from leading pet retailers for an RRP of £119.99. The Hub is sold separately, RRP: £49.99.