The ambassadors’ aim is to demonstrate the difference tailored nutrition can make to the health of dogs from all age groups.
The dogs and owners include a recently engaged couple and their dog and a stunt performing dog inspired by Ashley and Pudsey from Britain’s Got Talent. The ambassador dogs are:
- Growing Puppy Ambassador: Jasper, a six-month-old Rough Collie
- Developing Junior Ambassador: Reuben, a 15-month-old Weimaraner
- Active Adult Ambassador: Eddie, a one-year-old Dachshund
- Active Adult Ambassador: Poppy, a six-year-old Cockerpoo
- Thriving Mature Ambassador: Charlie, a Jack Russell-cross-Staffordshire Bull Terrier
- Caring Senior Ambassador: Molly, a 9 year old Labrador
Kellie Ceccarelli, Eukanuba’s veterinary expert says: “No matter their age all dogs should be given the chance to achieve optimal body condition as it gives them the best opportunity to share a long, healthy life together with their owners. Through this 12 week programme our amazing ambassadors are going to challenge the theory with a special eating and exercise plan.
“As a nation of pet lovers, we want to do the very best for our dogs but sometimes there’s a misunderstanding between what we think they want and what they really need. We really hope we help our ambassadors learn more about their dog’s nutritional needs so that they can enjoy many more happy and healthy years together and show everyone how Eukanuba can make a difference to real dog, living real lives in real homes”
Ambassadors are trialing a range of Eukanuba products which has been developed by nutritionists