ManufacturersRetailers

B&M removes pet treat after dog dies

Discount retailer B&M has removed a doggy treat from its stock after a customer claimed it caused the death of her pet dog Harley.

Customer Debbie McQuat from Stevenson posted the message on her Facebook which read: “Heartbroken to be putting this post up but if it saves the life of another dog. My dogs were both bought a bone each from B&M on Wednesday, the person thought they were doing good I don’t blame them at all but as they don’t usually gets bones [sic].

“Harley went daft for it. Both dogs were up violently sick and diarrhoea, Bottom line is Harley died [sic]. X rays showed loads of fragments of bone which just ripped his bowel apart and he suffered. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE people do not feed any bones to your dogs.

“I have just lost a really important part of my life and was totally debating whether I was strong enough to put this post up but as said earlier if it saves another wee life.”

The treat in question was the Ham Bone by Irish Rover and since uploading the post on 3 March, it has got over 46,000 shares.

A B&M spokesperson, said: “The safety of our customer and their pets is of the utmost importance to us, we’ve taken the precautionary measure of removing the product from sale and will no longer be stocking this item.”

Back to top button