New, free, social networking app, Bauwow, brings dogs, owners and pet businesses together. The all-in-one interactive community lets dog owners sign up and create a profile on behalf of their pet.
Bauwow’s range of functions includes ‘barking’ at other dogs to make new friends and finding dog-friendly restaurants and shops to visit. Owners can access lists of recommended local vets, pet stores, dog walkers, groomers and more across the UK and further afield. It’s especially helpful for dog owners exploring new areas across the UK.
Bauwow for businesses
The app launches with over 40,000 dog-related businesses across the UK and Europe with profiles on the app. Businesses can create a profile on the location-led app and immediately showcase its services to over 18,000 users.
Additionally, a company can upgrade to a paid profile (£10 / month) which unlocks a range of digital services and allows full access of easy-to-use tools to manage all business details, information and content which is promoted across Bauwow’s social media and blog upon upgrading to a paid profile (£10/month).
Peter Curtis, CEO and founder said: “the pet industry is a traditional market of retail, however, as pet owners become increasingly urbanised, they expect online and mobile-based services. These services are historically expensive and small business owners can frequently be in the mindset that they are financially prohibitive.
“At Bauwow, we have designed our digital solutions to be cost-effective with a solid return on investment and we strive to support our businesses in their pursuit of technology services.
“The app already has over 18,000 users and growing. Users tend to have 3-5 sessions per day with each session around 45-90 seconds in duration, meaning these business have immediate access to an engaged and online audience.”
Bauwow key features for users include:
- Dog’s Social Life: Build a doggy petwork with other enthusiastic dog owners in the area
- The Daily Bark: Keep up to date with the latest Bauwow photos, news and comments
- Training & Therapy: Teach a dog new tricks with recommended schools and training centres, trainers and pet therapists
- My Care: Keep track of a dog’s vet and grooming visits, vaccinations and medical history, as well as scheduling future appointments by automatically syncing with the owner’s calendar
- Dog Friendly Guide: A comprehensive list of the latest dog friendly restaurants, bars, cafes, pubs, accommodation, beaches and pools, shops and attractions in the area
- My Needs: A directory of everything a dog may need at the touch of a button from: vets and clinics, pet stores, groomers, walkers and sitters, pharmacies, kennels and daycare, shelters and rescues, breeders, associations services
- Artists: Capture dogs’ best angle with pet photographers to painters
How to download Bauwow?
Download Bauwow for free from the App Store or Google Play and get started. For businesses, head to the website for more details: http://bauwowworld.com/.