Current AffairsRetailers

Fire breaks out at Pets at Home depot

On July 22, the fire service was called to Pets at Homes’ Trentham depot. A container of animal bedding had been set alight, activating the depot’s sprinkler system.

The Stoke Sentinel reported that three fire crews arrived at the scene, with an aerial ladder.

A Pets at Home spokesperson said: “On Friday morning a fire broke out in a waste handling area at our distribution centre near Stoke. We are grateful for the prompt attendance of the Fire Brigade who quickly brought the situation under control.

“All our colleagues were safely evacuated and the stock in the warehouse was unaffected. Our distribution operation resumed on Friday afternoon.”

 

Back to top button