It’s not just pet owners who look to treat their furry friends – non-pet owners make up almost a quarter (21 percent) of all festive period buyers.
Last year the Dog Care & Treats category grew by 7.6 percent over Christmas, compared with 16.5 percent growth for the Cat Care & Treats category – this growth was driven by consumers spending more on treats for their pets and buying treats more frequently.
Mars Petcare Christmas 2015 Treats include:
- Pedigree® Christmas Dog Stocking, RRP £3.99
- Whiskas® Christmas Cat Stocking, RRP £3.99
- Limited edition Pedigree® Jumbone® in Turkey Flavour, RRP £1.88
- Pedigree® Schmackos® in Festive Turkey Flavour, RRP £1.00
- Dreamies® Super Mix, RRP £3.00
- Dreamies® Turkey Limited Edition, RRP £1.51
Stephanie Case, category and customer marketing director, Mars Petcare UK: “There really is no doubt about it: Consumers not only want to treat themselves at Christmas, but they also look to give their pets something special. We are really excited to welcome back our festive favourites, which are guaranteed to be a hit yet again with both cats and dogs.
“For retailers looking to make the most of the occasion, stock up on Mars Petcare’s range of POS materials – from Santa’s Grotto-themed dumpbins and on-shelf POS to FSDUs – which will raise awareness of Mars Petcare’s products, create excitement in store and generate those all-important sales.”
For more information, please visit www.mars.com.