Italy has the highest number of hotels that allow pets, according to a study by Taxi2Airport.
The top five countries with the highest number of pet-friendly hotels include Italy with 18,176 hotels. Russia with 10,831 sites alongside and Poland which has 8,521 pet friendly hotels.
Croatia and Spain round off the list with 7,794 and 6,945 pet-friendly hotels.
The study also suggested the countries with the highest number of “rated” pet-friendly hotel include France with 217, UK with 166 as well as Italy with 157 sites.
The news comes as spa hotel booking website, SpaSeekers, has reported more spas are allowing dogs to be guests.
SpaSeekers has revealed four-star Ringwood Hall Hotel and Spa in Derbyshire was the first to jump on the trend as it now offers a ‘Pampered Pooch Experience’ in partnership with Georgina’s Pet Sitting Service for pet owners and their dog.
The experience includes: an exercise walk on the grounds, a bubble bath to “help soothe and relax muscles”, a pedicure and paw soak, an ear cleanse as well as a fragrance cologne finish.
Some dog friendly spas and hotels in the UK include:
- Hallmark Hotel The Welcombe, Stratford Upon Avon
- Ringwood Hall and Spa, Chesterfield
- Ellenborough Park, Cheltenham
- Hatherley Manor Hotel and Spa, Gloucester
- Feversham Arms Hotel & Verbena Spa, Helmsley
- Spread Eagle Hotel & Spa, Sussex
- The Imperial Hotel, Torquay
- St Michaels Hotel & Spa, Falmouth
- Norton Park, Nr Winchester, Hampshire
- The North Lakes Hotel & Spa, Penrith, Cumbria