Following two successful events in June and October 2019, the Pet Food Manufacturing Association (PFMA) has announced it will offer its Pet Food and Nutrition Course to non-members.
In 2019, the PFMA launched its first residential training course covering several aspects of pet food production, species-specific animal nutrition and labelling and marketing regulations.
During the two-days training course PFMA, in collaboration with independent industry experts, provide a range of lectures and workshops to give an overview of the UK pet food industry.
Course content includes:
- UK and EU markets overview
- Pet nutrition (dogs, cats, small mammals and pet birds)
- Manufacturer of safe pet food
- Quality assessment and measurement
- Legislation on raw materials, additives, finished goods and manufacturing
- Product labelling and marketing regulations
The PFMA said: “Each round of the course has a maximum capacity of only 30 attendees to allow for a “high-quality” training that engages the participants in discussions and workshop activities.”