A Dalmatian was left needing emergency vet treatment after gorging on buns, chocolate and 36 dog chews while her owner was out.\r\n\r\nMolly (eight), from Middlesbrough, sniffed a bag of food shopping that owner Kerry Buck had put away safely \u2013 or so she thought.\r\n\r\nMolly ate up 36 Dentastix, eight sultana buns and a packet of mini eggs.\r\n\r\nOwner Kerry said: \u201cI\u2019d only popped out for 25 minutes. When I got home, it was absolute chaos \u2013 Molly had been sick everywhere. I rushed over to her, she was frothing at the mouth and very lethargic. I could see what food she had been eating so I rang PDSA straight away.\u201d\r\n\r\nMolly was\u00a0given immediate\u00a0treatment at PDSA's Middlesbrough Pet Hospital\u00a0to stabilise her condition.\r\n\r\nSteph Williams, head nurse at PDSA Middlesbrough, said: \u201cMolly ate a potentially lethal cocktail of ingredients. Sultanas affect kidney function and can lead to organ failure, while chocolate contains a substance called theobromine, which attacks the central nervous system and can be life threatening.\r\n\r\n\u201cIt never ceases to amaze me how pets can get themselves into trouble and get their paws on food \u2013 even when it\u2019s supposedly out of reach. Thankfully for Molly, seem to be no lasting effects and she has made a great recovery.\u201d\r\n\r\n \r\n\r\nFor more information visit www.pdsa.org.uk.