A pet bearded dragon was found alive after four days following a fire in a property in Sundridge Park.
The News Shopper reported that Mr Dooley said: “Everything was charred, melted and black. We found our beloved bearded dragon, Rex, in his vivarium.
“It looked like he was asleep. It is likely that he died of smoke inhalation – we can only pray that he didn’t suffer. Barbara’s door had blown off and she was nowhere to be found.
“I searched high and low on the tuesday. I refused to give up searching for her as I was determined to give them both the burial they deserved.
“After hours of searching, on the brink of giving up hope of finding her, I lifted a blackened chair. There she was – alive.”