VET Festival has announced its 2017 conference programme, which now comprises of over 100 lectures of world-class CPD, covering ten streams by over 30 international speakers.
The outdoor CPD event, happening on the 9-10 June, continues to challenge how CPD is delivered with each and every lecture and speaker carefully considered to be relevant for every member of the veterinary practice.
Designed by vets for vets, the conference theme for VET Festival 2017 is Wellness to re-energise and rekindle the passion in veterinary professionals in response to increasing levels of dissatisfaction and concern in the industry.
Highlights of the conference programme include:
– Dr Richard Nap, Director of Vet Coach in Buenos Aires, will be lecturing in the ‘Wellness and Team Building’ stream to talk about wellness in your patients, clients and practice as well as your own wellness.
– Andy McCreadie, MD of Sandler Training, is also lecturing in the ‘Wellness and Team Building’ stream sponsored by Centaur Services
– Dr Lowri Davies, President of the British Veterinary Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine Association is lecturing in the Rehabilitation steam on Saturday 10th .
– Professor Tim Hackett, Director of Veterinary Teaching Hospital at Colorado State University USA, is lecturing both days of the conference, covering Emergency & Critical Care in the Internal Medicine stream.
– Professor Brian Saunders, Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery at Texas A&M University USA, is also lecturing both days in the Orthopaedics stream.
– Dr Kerry Simpson, UK feline expert, is presenting three lectures in the dedicated Feline Medicine stream on Saturday 10th .
– VETFest™ Interactive Sessions provide you with the opportunity to have your own case study reviewed by the experts in a relaxed and convivial environment.
In support of this announcement founder, professor Noel Fitzpatrick adds: “VET Festival is a veterinary education event which is intended to synchronise the feelings of joy we experience at a music festival with the academic punch of the best conferences and symposia.
The speakers are asked by me personally to take part and I consider them to be among the best in the world for delivery of subject material of direct relevance to primary care small animal veterinary practice in the UK and beyond.
We have listened to what the delegates say they really want to hear about. Each and every speaker is deeply passionate about sharing their knowledge with fellow professionals for the greater good of all.
A central core theme for this year is ‘Wellness’ – for the animals of course – but also for those of us looking after them. Our vocation can be stressful and extraordinarily demanding.
Centaur Services are the official partner for VET Festival 2017, and sponsor the brand new Wellness & Team Building stream. Professor Noel Fitzpatrick continues: “I am delighted that Centaur Services have once again agreed to be a key partner for VET Festival 2017. This is a real and tangible endorsement of the power of this new style CPD veterinary conference and the belief we all have in it.”
The full speaker line-up and conference programme is available on the VET Festival website: www.vetfestival.co.uk.