Pet product specialist Sure Petcare has announced the launch of Animo, the lifelong activity and behaviour monitor which learns and interprets the behaviour and activity patterns of a dog.
Animo delivers insights into a dog’s activity and sleep, as well problem behaviours such as shaking, scratching and barking. These insights aim to help owners understand the changing needs of their pet over its lifetime, enabling them to provide proactive and personalised pet care.
Worn on a dog’s collar, Animo comes with three different sized attachment bands, making it suitable for dogs of all sizes. Weighing 22g, Animo is said to be lightweight, comfortable and waterproof. It sits flat against the collar and its “twist and lock” fitting is to make it easy attach and detach, as well as hold the unit in place. It operates using a standard coin cell battery which lasts for six months.
The collar connects to the Sure Petcare – Animo app via Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE), where owners can set and monitor daily activity goals for their pet, as well as view their pet’s activity and behaviour reports by day, week, month or year. The app also provides an hour-by-hour sleep quality report every night, which can be compared against previous nights to easily spot changes in sleep patterns.
Key features of Animo and the Sure Petcare app include:
- Activity: Set and monitor daily activity goals, check last walked time and view activity reports by day, week, month and year.
- Sleep quality: Hour-by-hour sleep quality report throughout the night; a poor night’s sleep can be an indication of stress, discomfort or illness
- Calories: track the calories burnt by your dog and compare this to a recommended daily target based on their breed, age and weight
- Behaviour tracking: displays incidents of increased barking, scratching or shaking
- Connect with family and friends: Animo can be synced by any member of your app household and owners can share access to the app with their friends and family.
Dr Nick Hill, founder and CEO of Sure Petcare said: “We can’t be with our pets 24/7, so we have created Animo to give dog owners a window into their dog’s day: not only to tell them what he gets up to when they’re not around, but more importantly to spot changes in behaviour and activity over time, which may signal changes in their pet’s health and wellbeing.
“Animo is the result of a collaboration between Sure Petcare and our sister company within the Antelliq group. Over the past 18 months we have combined Antelliq’s world-leading animal monitoring expertise, our pet industry experience and the advice of world-renowned dog behaviourists to create a product which will change the lives of dogs of all breeds, ages and sizes.”
Pet tech is a growing industry, with the global market expected to increase to £1.84bn by 2022, according to Grand View Research. In 2017, UK dog owners spent £10 bn on general products and services for their animals.