Skinner’s Pet Foods will be sponsoring The Field magazine’s first ever Gundog Awards. Skinner’s has long been associated with working dogs, particularly gundogs. The company has manufactured its working dog food, the Field & Trial range, for around 25 years. Earlier this year Skinner’s also launched its Life range for pets.
William Delamore, Skinner’s sales and marketing director says, “Skinner’s are already renowned throughout the gundog sector because of our absolute passion for making sure we provide the dogs with the best possible nutrition, so it really was the perfect fit to team up with The Field on their inaugural Gun Dog awards.
“The main aim of our food has always been to produce happy, healthy working dogs – and these awards are a great celebration of what can be achieved by gun dogs in tip top condition as a result of excellent nutrition.”
The aim of the awards is to encourage gundog work throughout all sections of the shooting world. The awards will be judged by an experienced panel, with years of fieldsports knowledge and expertise between them. The categories are as follows and entries close on 1 August 2017;
- Outstanding retrieve by any retrieving breed during the 2016/17 season.
- Outstanding work by a spaniel (springer or cocker) during the 2016/17 season.
- Outstanding work by any pointing breed during the 2016/17 season.
- Outstanding work by any rare breed during the 2016/17 season.
- The best amateur picker-up.
- The best family gundog.
- The naughtiest gundog.
- The best gun dog that does not belong to a gundog breed.
The winners will each win a year’s worth of Skinner’s dog food and will be invited to a special celebratory lunch at Burghley Horse Trials on Thursday 31 August 2017.
More information on the Gun Dog Awards can be found here: http://www.thefield.co.uk/gundog-awards.