Individuals, businesses and charities within the seven categories were chosen following a day of deliberation by a panel of industry judges, chaired by Chris Laurence MBE MRCVS.
The judges also granted one additional award in special recognition of an extraordinary act of animal welfare.
The awards, now in their fifth year, serve to raise the profile of animal welfare around the world and within the veterinary industry.
Ginette Bryant corporate communication manager of Ceva Animal Health comments: “Each year we are overwhelmed at the tales of extraordinary passion and commitment to animal welfare and the touching nominations that are submitted by friends, colleagues, students and clients from around the world. It is our mission to promote animal welfare on a global level and we are glad to be able to the honour organisations and individuals who dedicate themselves to bettering the lives of animals in any way and by any scale.
“As always, the judges have struggled choosing between so many praiseworthy entries; this year they have decided to present one special additional award which will be announced at the ceremony on 6th April.”
The shortlist for the 2016 Ceva Awards for Animal Welfare is as follows (in no particular order):
Chris Laurence Vet of the Year Award – in association with the Veterinary Times
- Dr Heather Bacon – The Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies
- Dr Kirsten Jackson – DentalVet
- Dr Tim Partridge – Vale Wildlife Hospital
Farm Animal Welfare Award – in association with R.A.B.I and N.A.D.I.S
- Jon Huxley and Martin Green (joint entry) – University of Nottingham Dairy Herd Health Group
- Ruth Clements – FAI Farms
Charity Professional of the Year – in association with PDSA
- David Yates – RSPCA, Greater Manchester
- Dr William Fowlds – Wilderness Foundation
- Claire Sedgwick – Help The Street Animals of Morocco
Charity Team of the Year – in association with Your Cat magazine and Your Dog magazine
- Cat Population Control Group
- PDSA CEVN team (Community and Education Veterinary Nurses)
Volunteer of the Year Welfare Award– in association with Blue Cross
- John & Judith Morton – East Midlands Retired Greyhound Trust
- Jane Virot – National Animal Welfare Trust (NAWT)
- Lorraine Platt – Conservatives Against Foxhunting
VN Times Welfare Nurse of the Year Award
- Jo Hinde – Rabbit Welfare Association & Fund
- Rachel Radwell – Wood Green
- Shakira Free-Miles – Royal Veterinary College, Beaumont Veterinary Hospital
International Cat Care Welfare Award – sponsored by Agria Pet Insurance
- International CatCare will be choosing the winner of this award from their extensive member base, which will be announced at the awards ceremony.
The Awards is made possible through support of several organisations, which include charities Blue Cross, PDSA, International Cat Care, N.A.D.I.S and R.A.B.I, media titles, Veterinary Times, VNTimes, Your Dog magazine and Your Cat magazine, and Agria Pet Insurance.
Winners will be revealed and presented with their award during a glitzy ceremony held in Birmingham ahead of BSAVA congress on April 6 2016. For information on tickets and availability, please email email@example.com or call 01494 781510.