A Stafordshire Bull Terrier that was shot through the head with a crossbow and a Pointer that was run over by a 50mph lorry are amongst six pets nominated for the title of PDSA Pet Survivor 2015.
The vet charity issued a nationwide search for pets who had beaten odds to survive death.
The finalists (in no particular order!) are:
- Honey the cat – was blasted in the face with a marble-sized metal ball-bearing
- Ozzy the cat – lost his leg after being attacked by a dog
- Penny the Pointer – lived to tell the tale after a 50mph collision with a lorry
- Ruby the kitten – suffered severe chemical burns to her head and back
- Suki the Miniature Schnauzer – was left with prolapsed intestines after a dog attack
- Ziggy the Staffie – survived being shot through the head with a crossbow
Leading vet charity, PDSA, received hundreds of nominations following a nationwide call for entries. PDSA Vet Vicki Larkham-Jones, said: “We sifted through many extraordinary and emotional stories so it was a very difficult choice. We selected six pets whose tales encapsulate true survival spirit, their owners’ dedication and the expertise of the vet teams who helped save their lives.”
The winner will be decided by a public vote, which opens on the charity’s website today (26 Nov) – www.pdsa.org.uk/petsurvivor