Current AffairsPet Owners

Dog owner sends out warning after suspected dog poisoning

A dog owner in South Shields is urging other owners to be vigilant after her dog died following the consumption of an unidentified object in her local park. There were reports that raw meat was left at the park in popular dog walking spots earlier this year.

Upon her dogs return from the park, owner Aaliyah Hussain noticed that the dog had begun to feel unwell and booked an emergency vet appointment. The dog unfortunately died just days after the appointment.

Hussain told media: “I had him out with his parents and they were all running around. At first he was fine but, as the night went on, he started coughing and foaming at the mouth.

“When you tried to pick him up he was making funny noises. I knew about what happened in Mowbray Park and that people were leaving raw meat out with poison on for dogs. When I took him to the vets they said he had been poisoned.

“I’m really devastated and I’m really angry. I can’t stop thinking about him and crying – my dogs mean a lot to me. I don’t know how anyone could do this. “It’s a lovely park and I often take the dogs there, but now I’m scared to take them out.”

A spokesman for South Tyneside Council said: “We have not been made aware of any incidents of alleged poisoning in West Park.

“We would advise dog owners to report any such concerns at the time to our Environmental Health service so that so that we can investigate.”

Back to top button