On both show days, grooming demonstrations and talks will be given by some of UK’s and international leading dog groomers.
The demonstrations will highlight the knowledge and expertise required to complete traditional grooming techniques successfully as well as showing off some ‘modern and creative’ ideas.
Mathew Spry, the owner of Barkingham Park Pet Spa and the Welsh Grooming Academy, will be organising the workshops.
The Welsh Grooming Academy is a City and Guilds approved training centre from the Pet Industry Federation, which offers a range of courses for beginners to groomers wishing to gain a recognised qualification in dog or cat grooming.
During the show, Spry and Kelly Davis, the director of the BDGA, will be conducting a question and answer session, regarding higher diplomas in grooming.
Other events across the two days include:
- Mel Overand – Handstripping Border Terrier
- Francisco De Assis – Everyday Salon Creative and ideas
- Georgia Fuller – Bichon Frise Pet Perfect
- Beccie Woods – Handstripping Schnauzer
- Fee Brook – Clipping Spaniels well
- Francisco De Assis Ferreira De Vasconcellos From Germany – Poodle T Trim
- Kelly Davis – Pet Westie traditional style made easy (level 3 dilpoma)
- Kelly Davis – C&G new level 3 fast track discussion, questions and answers
- Beccie Woods – Clipped Schnauzer breed standard styling
There will also be demonstrations on the Karhia Hand Stripping machine, tools and products for the everyday groomer, tip and tricks to increase salon revenue.
PATS Telford will take place on 23 to 24 September 2018.