The judging took place on March 21 2017. Decisions took into account a number of guideline criteria such as product innovation, design, quality, packaging and value for money.
The judges agreed that the New Product Showcase had produced a high calibre of entries with a tremendous amount of innovation.
The winners, and judges’ comments, are as follows:
- Winner: ZiwiPeak Air Dried Cat Food
- Entered by: Natural Pet Products
- Judges’ comments: This unique product brings air-dried food into the cat category – in line with the dog food market. The packaging is innovative and incorporates a special window so that customers can see the contents.
DOG FOOD AND TREATS
- Winner: Pure Buffalo Chew
- Entered by: Loving Pets UK
- Judges’ comments: Everything about this product is good – good re-sealable packing, good value and good natural ingredients.
DOG ACCESSORY PRODUCT
- Winner: Drive Harness
- Entered by: EzyDog
- Judges’ comments: With car safety for pets high on everyone’s agenda with law changes in the pipeline, this dog harness was a unanimous winner. This well thought-out product incorporates good padding for comfort and safety.
- Winner: Super Suet Starter Pack
- Entered by: Unipet International
- Judges’ comments: A great value product that is well packaged, making it attractive to the customer. It will also help to encourage more people to feed the birds in their garden.
SMALL ANIMAL PRODUCT
- Winner: SnuggleSafe I’ll Eat My Hat
- Entered by: SnuggleSafe
- Judges’ comments: It’s a fun product that will sell in big numbers because of its ‘pocket-money’ pricing.
PET CARE PRODUCT
- Winner: WildWash Flea and Bug Spray with Horsetail, Eucalyptus and Nettle
- Entered by: WildWash
- Judges’ comments: The thought and development that went into this product is impressive, with ingredients being ethically sourced from four continents.
- Winner: Dirty Dogs Have All The Fun Shampoo Range
- Entered by: House of Paws
- Judges’ comments: Stand-out packaging and a great price point will make this product fly off the shelves.
- Winner: Pawsecco Wine For Dogs and Cats
- Entered by: Woof & Brew
- Judges’ comments: This product has a great price point, the ingredients are natural, and it looks like a gift. It caters for both cats and dogs, and can even be drunk by pet owners.